Monday was just a blah day. Granted it was a Monday right? I came home from work and was not motivated to do anything. Vacuum the house that I put off this past weekend? Nope. Do the dishes left from the day before? Sure, only because I need to make dinner. Eat half of my weekly points? Hell yea! Watch hours of Grey’s Anatomy? That happened.
No matter what I told myself in my mind, I couldn’t get off the couch. I couldn’t motivate myself to do anything but eat and watch T.V. The weather has been so cold lately that all I could do was wrap up in a blanket and hibernate for the night.
Tips to Spark Motivation
- Blare your happy song! You know, that song that pops on and you can’t help but shake your butt and sing at the top of your lungs.
- Connect. If you are a Weight Watchers member jump on Connect and read success stories and join hundreds of other people in the same position as you.
- Hug your dog and take him for a walk. Mine constantly stare at me with their beady eyes that say it’s time to go outside.
- Shut up your inner demon. I know that is easier said than done but the only person you are battling here is yourself. Conquer the beast, tell her to shut up, and get moving.
Do you make lists? I’m a list maker and love writing things down. I’m also known to leave my list at home when I go shopping. Here are my goals for today:
- Vacuum the house (my husband is taking care of this)
- Write a few posts to have on hand
- Work in my garden
- Make chicken and rice for dinner
- Clean up my kitchen
- Put laundry away – it is a mountain!
Well, today is a new day and it is finally warm! How do you stay motivated or get motivated in the first place? What is on your list for today? Leave me a comment and let me know how you do with your list and motivation to get off the couch! I love reading your comments and responding.