Chicken and Rice
2 Servings, 13 SP per Serving
1 1/4 Cup Chicken Broth
1/2 Cup Brown Rice
Salt & Pepper
2 5 oz Chicken Thighs
1 Tsp Vegetable Oil
1 Small Onion
2 Garlic Cloves
3/4 Tsp Fresh Thyme or 1/8 Tsp Dried Thyme
1/4 Cup Dry White Wine
2 Tbsp Fresh Parsley
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Combine 3/4 cup broth, rice, and 1/4 tsp salt in bowl. Cover and microwave until rice is softened and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper, heat oil in an oven safe saucepan and brown chicken on both sides. Transfer chicken to plate.
- Pour fat from saucepan leaving 1 tsp of fat. Add onion and 1/4 tsp of salt and cook until slightly brown. Stir in garlic and thyme and cook for about 1 minute. Add 1/2 cup of broth and wine. Add rice and bring to a simmer.
- Place chicken on top of rice and bake until rice is cooked through and chicken measures 175 degrees.
- Top with parsley and salt and pepper and serve.