Quinoa and Vegetable Stew
Serves 2, 7 SP per Serving
1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
1 Small Onion
1/2 Red Bell Pepper
2 Garlic Cloves
1 Tsp Paprika
3/4 Tsp Ground Coriander
1/2 Tsp Ground Cumin
1/2 Cup Water
2 Cups Vegetable Broth (Chicken Broth could be substituted)
1 Red Potato
1/3 Cup Quinoa
1/3 Fresh or Frozen Corn (Canned Corn is fine too, be sure to drain well)
Salt and Pepper
3 Tbsp Cilantro
- Heat oil in a saucepan and add onion, bell pepper, garlic, paprika, coriander, and cumin. Cook until vegetables are softened, about 5 min.
- Stir in water, broth and add potato, simmer for about 10 min.
- Stir in rinsed quinoa and simmer for about 8 min.
- Add corn and simmer until everything is tender and season with salt and pepper.
- Top with cilantro upon serving.
This great recipe is quick, easy, and can be made ahead of time to pack for lunches, and it is only 7SP! It is packed with nutrition and a great option for anyone that doesn’t have much time during the week. I highly recommend making this in a big batch on the weekend and serving up during the week!