Veggie Burger with Corn & Black Bean Salsa Salad
Veggie Burger 3SP – I buy simple Veggie Burgers from the Grocery store. Typically Boca brand.
1 Slice of Provolone 4SP (you can substitute non-fat cheese for less points)
Total: 7SP, Feel free to add condiments as needed but don’t forget to add in those points!
- Bake the veggie burger according to directions. Top with sliced cheese and condiments. Serve with the Corn & Black Bean Salsa Salad
Just a note about buying a processed veggie burger. I understand that processing food is not ideal, ever. I am creating recipes that are healthy and fast on a tight budget. If you have time to make veggie burgers from scratch please do! I’m sure they taste amazing.
Corn & Black Bean Salsa Salad
1 can (15 oz) Black Beans, rinsed and drained, 9SP
1 can (8.75oz) Sweet Corn, drained, 4SP
1/2 – 1 tsp Chili Powder (to taste), 0SP
1 tsp Ground Cumin, 0SP
1/2 tsp Black Pepper, 0SP
1/2 tsp Sugar, 1SP
1/2 tsp Salt, 0SP
1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar, 3SP
Fresh Cilantro (optional), 0SP
Fresh Salad Greens & Vegetables, 0SP
Total: 3SP per serving, 6 servings total when used on salad
- Combine the sweet corn and black beans in a small bowl that can be covered and refrigerated.
- Stir in cumin, black pepper, chili powder, salt, sugar, and balsamic vinegar
- Mince cilantro and stir into the bean and corn mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight for best flavor.
When putting this dish together I layer my plate with salad greens and vegetables I have available and I would typically put on a salad. I spoon the mixture onto the salad and serve with the veggie burger. It is delicious and has a small bite to it that gives my lunch a kick!